Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day 6: South Beach Phase 1

It's probably not a good idea to skip meals while on this diet but I've been so busy at work that I sometimes end up skipping lunch.

Today I had my usual coffee and then I finally heated up my homemade chicken breakfast sausage. I couldn't stomach any more of the Dannon Carb Control yogurt. I think the oat bran actually improves the taste but I haven't been eating oat bran since I started SB.

I worked through lunch. I think I had a handful of pistachios about 2:00. I didn't eat my lunch until 4:00. I had my naked turkey burger with shredded romaine and an avocado half on the side. At about 5:00, I snacked on sugar snap peas and Tribe hummus.

By the time I got home, I wasn't hungry enough to eat dinner. I had a glass of chocolate milk around 7:00.

I'm thinking about the one serving of Phase 2 food that I can add back in on Sunday. I'm thinking:

- bran muffin
- cereal (Hi-Lo vanilla almond, Uncle Sam's, Special K Protein Plus, or shredded wheats)
- oatmeal (I bought some Better Oats brand oatmeal called Oat Fit.)
- 5 grain pizza from the local health restaurant that serves salads and "healthy pizza."
- buckwheat pancakes
- an apple or banana
- slice of whole wheat toast
- whole wheat tortilla

It will probably be something I eat for lunch or dinner because I read that certain carbs shouldn't be eaten at breakfast because it induces cravings. I'll see how I feel on Sunday. I was really craving a nice bran muffin with raisins (of course I will have to make it so that it's sugar free) but my cravings can change in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment