Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 5: Attack Phase



Yay! I made it through five days of the Attack Phase. I will report total weight loss tomorrow when I weigh myself. **Update on 10/21: I lost a total of 5.5 pounds the last five days. I'm hoping only 3.5 was water weight the rest was actual weight loss.

It's been tough. I don't know how someone can do it for a full ten days. I couldn't really eat any more meat today. I'm not a huge meat eater to begin with.

Tomorrow I move to Phase 1 of the South Beach (SB) diet. You're supposed to do Phase 1 of SB for two weeks so since I've already done five days of Dukan Phase 1 (which is even stricter than Phase 1 of SB), I will probably do 9 days of SB Phase 1. We'll see if I can last longer. Right about now I'm craving a bran muffin with raisins. Yeah I'm craving something really bad for me.

As you can see, I'm really not eating unlimited calories. The Lose It! app is programed to allow 1,221 calories so that I can lose 1.5 pounds per week and I'm eating way less than that so I will hopefully lose approximately 2 pounds per week. That's my goal. So after this initial water weight loss, I should have realistically only lost 2 pounds. I think I'm eating way less because I'm so restricted on what I can eat and I think lean protein fills you up more with fewer calories.

For breakfast I had my usual coffee and two turkey sausage links. At around 10:00 a.m. I had a yogurt with oat bran.

For lunch I ate the albacore tuna salad made with greek yogurt. I also had a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese.

Before I left work, I ate a sugar free jell-o.

For dinner I had two "fried" eggs with soy sauce.

Breakfast: Coffee with fat free half & half and splenda, two turkey sausage links.
Snack: Dannon Light & Fit Carb Control yogurt with 1.5 tablespoons oat bran
Lunch: Albacore tuna salad made with Fage yogurt instead of mayo (added a medium boiled egg) and wedge of Laughing Cow cheese
Snack: Sugar free jell-o
Dinner: Two "fried" eggs with soy sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment