Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 4: South Beach Phase 2

I've been hovering at the same weight for the past few days. I know I should be grateful that I haven't gained any weight back since I started adding back a few whole grains but it's difficult to accept it after such rapid weight loss. The pace during Dukan Phase 1 and South Beach Phase 1 is very encouraging.

I've had to remind myself that I probably loss quite a few pounds in water weight and with adding back some whole grains, my body is probably starting to re-store the glycogen and water and I'm still actually losing real weight but putting back on some of the water weight. Hopefully after I get past this, the weight loss will be a steady two pounds per week.

With more food options, it's easier to eat more calories. I had one slice of light whole wheat bread with natural peanut butter and sugar free, high fiber strawberry jam. PB&J never tasted so good. Remember I'm the girl who used to cringe when the BF ate PB&J on whole wheat bread. I have always had PB&J on white bread.

I've been trying to limit myself to maybe one or two servings of Phase 2 food per day. I haven't upped my dairy intake either. I felt pretty comfortable with about 1 cup of dairy per day and didn't feel a need to increase it.

I have been eating a lot of beans lately. Last Friday I cooked up about 3 pounds of dried pinto beans and froze them in 3 cups portions for different recipes. Today I cooked some up Charro style with a little bacon and chorizo.

I really love nuts but I've been limiting myself to just one serving per day. If I have peanut butter then I don't eat mixed nuts or pistachios. Peanuts are a legume but for this diet I count it as a nut because of the high fat content. I didn't realize nuts were so calorie d

No comments:

Post a Comment